Saturday 18 April 2009

Long live casio


This is my casio. A trusty and handy companion, as well as unfortunately labeling me as an art student, it also manages to provide me with the opportunity to arrive on time to the occasional engagement. It was a present from my Father offered due to its practical usage. As one of the most unostentatious men I know it is his watch of choice (he however has little awareness of its growing popularity amongst previously mentioned art students) and he purchased it quite simply as it 'does everything you need a watch to do.' Having worn his for so long, one day the battery simply gave up meaning that it was sent to the watch shop for a replacement. As children we were unaware as to why one would send a watch to be repaired when the bill would outway the cost of a new watch. My Father was equally puzzled by our bafflement and could not quite get his head around the idea of purchasing a new watch when he already had a perfectly functioning one (albeit minus a battery.) It is only recently that I am starting to understand. And so, to this day I sport my £9.99 casio with its necessary functions with a level of pride unmatched by any other superior or more expensive watch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment