Sunday 19 April 2009

Bookbinding workshop

I was involved in a book binding workshop with Lucy May Schofield last week. Aside from a quick induction in the second year this is something which I have never had the opportunity to engage in. I had no intention of utilizing the skills for any present or ongoing project but entered into the workshop feeling that it could only aid my personal development and add to my skills list. Providing me with something that I would be able to revert back to in the future should it be necessary. During the 4 hour session I learnt the basics and made a concertina book. There is something quite relaxing about learning a process that involves not having to use your brain. It was quite nice to disconnect with the outside world for a little. (images to arrive shortly)

No comments:

Post a Comment